This recipe was inspired by the post my friend Gwyneth wrote about her trip to Spain and the Tapas that she enjoyed whilst there. You can read about her experiences of Spanish food and drink here.
I was going to wait until my own eggplants were flourishing in the garden until I tried this recipe but it stuck in my mind and I had to give it a try immediately…
Enjoy the flavors of this dish as a side dish or as a lovely main for a meatless meal. Add some black rice, yogurt and fresh coriander to make it more filling, or simply serve with a salad.
- 1 eggplant – skin left on
- generous pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I used lemon infused)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the eggplant in half and then into four sections to make 8 pieces
- Mix the salt, honey, oil and cinnamon in a bowl and brush each piece of eggplant
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden in color
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves and if desired plain Greek style yogurt and rice
Use any left overs cold on sandwiches or on a share platter
Have a wonderful week.
Are you a Pinterest user? I would love to see you there. You can find me here.
I have added this post to join up with Simple Living and Eating who is hosting a Flavors of the World party, starting with Spain.
Select the image below to see some other great Spanish inspired recipes: