Seasonal Vegetable Garden Set up and Incursion Package
“The introduction of the veggie patch has extended and supported our sustainability focus with the children and families“
– Bellevue Preschool Highton
Helping children experience the benefits of fresh food
Provide a dynamic learning environment that helps children connect with and explore their natural environment. It provides ongoing opportunities to firstly introduce, and then to discuss sustainability topics with children as the garden is planted, grows and is ready for harvest.
Teaching children how to grow fresh food provides a strong foundation for healthy choices.
This program will assist your center to meet the requirements of Standard 3.3: Guide to National Quality Framework for Australian Early Childhood Education and Care.
The complete package:
I deliver a complete package of garden bed delivery, placement, assembly, and soil management supported by a hands on garden planting session with the children. In addition to planting the preschool garden each child will have the opportunity to plant their own seedling to take home, encouraging a transfer of learning and family involvement.
- I will deliver and set up the garden beds, filling them with a high quality organic soil mixture suited to growing vegetables and herbs
- Certified organic seeds are selected based on their suitability to the growing conditions and seasons.
- Certified organic seeds are selected based on how fast and easy they are to grow to ensure the children experience success.
- Ongoing management and replanting is available
- Support resources and materials are provided to the center
- Self-watering, low care container garden beds have been selected based on their suitability for periods of absence and fast growth.
- Follow up support visits and guaranteed growth
Available in Victoria, Australia.
(Available to other states in Australia for an additional fee to cover travel and transport. Contact me for details.)
Download a copy of the brochure Preschool Vegetable Garden Set Up.
Service your existing garden beds:
If your preschool already has garden beds installed the following options are available:
- Seasonal planting session and discovery session
- Discovery session incursion
Do It Yourself
If you have an educator in your team who is confident about working on your own vegetable garden this kit makes the process very simple. Certified organic seeds, ordered by season and accompanied by growing notes and resources.
- DIY seed planting kit delivered to your preschool.
Find out more:
Email Kyrstie for detailed pricing or to book a site visit to review your individual site requirements: email@example.com