Super easy, super tasty and healthy as well. This salmon and vegetable slice makes a lovely lunch menu item, or light summer meal. Serve it with a salad.
You can modify the recipe with any vegetables of your choice. I enjoy the combined flavour of salmon and fennel. I like the way the intense flavor of the fennel cuts through the richness of the salmon.
This savoury slice can be made the day prior and re-heated if required.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 small fennel very finely sliced
- 5 eggs whisked
- 200 grams ricotta
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish cream
- 100 grams smoked salmon – torn or cut into pieces
- handful of fresh chives chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato (about 1 cup when grated)
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup of sifted self raising flour
- Turn on the oven to heat to 170 degrees
- In a pan heat the oil and add the fennel and cook for a few minutes. Remove and set aside to cool
- To a bowl add eggs, ricotta, horseradish cream and stir
- Add salmon, chives, grated sweet potato, fennel and salt and pepper and stir again
- Sift in the flour and mix it in gently
- Pour into a slice tin lined with grease proof paper and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden on top
- Cool for 5 minutes on a tray, slice and serve with a salad
Do your children like to eat salmon?
You may also like:
Join me here: