Herb and Vegetable Fish Patty Recipe
These versatile herb and vegetable fish patties are suited to a variety of easy family meals. They can be served in numerous ways, depending on your mood and what you have on hand to serve with them. This recipe is grain free and egg free. It was created to be SIBO friendly. I used it as a way to begin to incorporate some parsnip into my diet since it is one of the foods I can eat with no restrictions. It also happens to be a vegetable I’ve really only cooked a couple of times. You can probably expect to see a few more recipes soon as I am not sure why it has taken me so long to start to cook them.
These fresh herb and vegetable burgers can be served as they are – as a burger, or in a roll or bun of your choice with your desired fillings. They can also be served as shown without the bun. I served them to the kids and Mr Fresh in tortillas as fish tacos. They are accompanied by avocado, cheese, radish, tomato, lettuce and a chipotle chilli sauce. You could also serve them on skewers, cooked on the BBQ or form them smaller and rounder and add to a soup or simmer in a passata as a meatball dish with rice. Many ways to serve this quick and easy family friendly meal.
- 400 grams fish
- 1 carrot - peeled
- 1 parsnip - peeled
- handful of fresh coriander leaves - chopped finely
- 12 green beans - ends trimmed off and sliced finely
- 2 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 stalk lemongrass finely chopped
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- To a food processor finely chop the carrot and parsnip, remove from the processor and set aside in a mixing bowl
- Add the fish to the food processor and finely mince then add to the bowl with the carrot and parsnip
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the coconut oil)
- Scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and squeeze into the shape of small patties about the size of a golf ball and set aside on a plate.
- Repeat until the mixture is all used
- Refrigerate for 10 min to set
- Heat a pan to a medium high heat and add the coconut oil
- When the oil is hot add the patties to cook each side for 3-5 minutes until golden both sides and cooked through
- Serve with chosen sides
I love these types of meals that can be served to the family is many forms. Make double the batch and have a couple of meals sorted this week.
Get a weekly delivery of Fresh content straight to your in-box.
Join me here: