This dish can be tweaked to be as hot as you like by adjusting the amount of chili that you add. It is side dish that features on our table often in Summer when the key ingredients are in season and at their best. Vibrant to look at and to taste. It is fresh, full of zing. Use it to accompany simple grilled fish or chicken, or tacos or nachos.
- 1 capsicum – finely chopped into small cubes. I use a mix of capsicum colors (eg: a quarter of each color)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes – cut into quarters
- ½ avocado – chopped into small cubes
- ½ cup cucumber – chopped into small cubes
- salt to season
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil – I used lime infused
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 red chilli – finely chopped (optional)
- handful of fresh basil, mint and coriander leaves
- To make the salsa add the ingredients to a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Set aside for the flavors to infuse for half an hour or more prior to serving (at room temperature)
What is your favorite side dish for Summer?
You may also like:
Join me here: