A simple no fuss, tasty pasta that can be made quickly at the end of a busy day – bless pasta, it is my fall back food when things get crazy! It is Fresh and Fast.
This lemon and rosemary pasta is made from ingredients that I always have on hand, in the pantry and my garden. The lemon juice keeps the pasta moist and gives the dish a fresh flavor boost.
- Dried pasta – for 2 adults, 2 children
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves – chopped finely
- 5 anchovy fillets – chopped finely
- zest (chopped) and the juice of one lemon
- 4 large sprigs of fresh rosemary – chopped
- 1 tablespoon of walnuts – chopped
- pepper to season (if desired)
- 70 grams of feta – crumbled to serve
- Set a saucepan of water to boil and cook the pasta as per packet instructions
- A couple of minutes before the pasta is cooked – To a warm pan add the oil and garlic and stir until fragrant
- Add the anchovies, rosemary and lemon zest and stir to prevent sticking to the base of the pan
- When the pasta is just cooked drain it and add it to the pan with the garlic and other the ingredients
- Add the lemon juice, walnuts, and pepper and stir to coat
- Remove from heat and serve topped with crumbled pieces of feta
Hints and Tips:
- Add a salad as a side dish if desired.
- If you are not an anchovy fan leave them out
Do you have a super quick pasta dish you love to make at the end of a crazy day? I would love to hear what your chosen flavor combination on these days is.
Have a great weekend.