Roasted Capsicum and Butter Bean Dip Recipe
Dairy free and nut free, this recipe was inspired by a dip a friend made when we visited last week. Hers was capsicum and sun-dried tomato, and was similar to a pesto with pine nuts and parmesan. This version has the richness and depth from the roasted capsicum and garlic.
This recipe is dairy free, nut free and gluten free. It makes a wonderful spread to add to school sandwiches or to put into a little tub and send along with carrot sticks, or crackers.
I used some of the tomatoes I had dehydrated from our summer harvests for this recipe. See the notes of the recipe if you are using semi dried tomatoes from a jar (store purchased).
This is my easy recipe for roast capsicum dip. Serve it to friends or eat it all yourself.
- 2 capsicum - cut into quarters
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400 gram tin of butter beans rinsed
- 1 cup semi dried tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees
- Add the capsicum, garlic and a drizzle of oil to the oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool
- To a food processor add all of the ingredients including the capsicum and garlic and process as smooth as desired.
- Serve with baked sour dough slices or dipping vegetables or crackers
Get a weekly delivery of Fresh content straight to your in-box.
Join me here: