Pork and Pea Risoni
We all know that things can get a little topsy-turvy at Christmas time, today’s recipe is Fresh and Fast. Ready in 20 minutes. If you are caught up in the midst of Christmas preparation, work or social activities it helps to have some quick recipes in your repertoire.
We are new converts to risoni pasta. The texture is a nice change from that of regular pasta. It seems to absorb flavors well and so makes a nice base for many dishes such as this one.
- 400 grams of risoni pasta
- 300 grams pork fillet - sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove - chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets - chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive olive
- juice of 2 lemons (half for the pork and half for the risoni)
- ½ tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas - cooked
- 1 carrot - peeled and finely shredded
- ½ bunch of fresh mint leaves - shredded, plus a few in tact leaves to top the dish when serving
- Cook the risoni according to the packet instructions
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and cook on a high heat on a griddle pan
- Remove the pork from the heat and set aside
- In a small pan add the oil, garlic, anchovy and cook for a few minutes until the anchovy breaks down. Add the juice of one lemon and pour over the pork
- Drain the risoni when it is cooked and place it into a serving bowl
- Mix the olive oil, remaining lemon juice and white wine vinegar together and stir through the risoni
- Add the cooked peas, the shredded carrot and the fresh mint to the risoni and stir
- Top with the pork to serve
- Eat warm or cold
There is a whole section of fresh and fast family meals that you can locate via the Cook Fresh tab at the top of this page. They are marked as FFF after the recipe name.
Have a great week.
You may also like:
Join me here: