Best baked potato recipe – chorizo and feta
Last weekend I discovered a little crop of potatoes in my garden. You can read more about how I grew them here. The variety is King Edward.
I was very keen to cook them up and give them a taste test. I wanted to use some of the home made feta that I have been making and also of course some fresh herbs from my herb patch.
Anyone can bake a potato, it is not the type of meal or side dish that requires a recipe. These tasted so so so good that I had to share – just in case you need some inspiration to plant some potatoes, or to cook some up for dinner! There is also a trick to getting crispy skinned potatoes so read on…
- 6-8 small to medium potatoes
- olive oil
- Salt to season potatoes
- Chorizo - approximately 50 grams chopped into pieces
- Fresh Rosemary leaves
- Fresh Parsley leaves
- Fresh Thyme leaves
- Feta Cheese - to your taste to serve
- Salt and Pepper - to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Pre-cook the potatoes by either boiling them or cooking them in the microwave for 3-4 minutes
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Bake potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour until they are crisping on the outside and turning golden
- In a hot pan add the chopped chorizo and herbs and cook for a couple of minutes
- When the potatoes are cooked, split each one and fill with the chorizo and herbs and top with feta then season as desired.
Use a good quality chorizo if you can as it makes a world of difference to the flavour
You do not need to add any oil to the pan with the chorizo as the oil of the meat will be released as it cooks
Were these the best potatoes I have ever tasted? YES! I could have eaten so many more. They made me very excited about my new crop growing in the garden.
*Image and recipe format updated 12/11/2013
What is you favorite way to top baked potatoes?
You may also like:
Join me here: