Farmers Market Vegetable Frittata
We made our regular visit to the local Farmers Market on Saturday. I collected a beautiful selection of produce.
When we got home I layed it out on the bench and grabbed some rocket pesto from the fridge. I was cooking within a few minutes. This recipe is the outcome.
Return here for the rocket pesto recipe tomorrow and a warm hearty soup I made to serve it with.
Oven Baked Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes – including time to bake vegetables
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium sized carrots peeled and chopped
- 200 grams of pumpkin – cubed
- 1/2 a green capsicum – cut into large pieces
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- salt to season – I used Spanish Olive Salt from a local olive grove.
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil of choice
- 1 leek – chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 6-8 free range eggs
- salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup of ricotta
- 50 grams of fetta
- 1 tablespoon of rocket pesto or your choice of fresh herbs
– I would have used fresh parsley and oregano if I did not have the pesto in the fridge
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Add the pumpkin, carrot and capsicum to a baking dish and drizzle with the oil and salt. Cook for 25 minutes
- In a hot pan with a tablespoon of cooking oil, cook the garlic and leek until the leek softens then remove from heat
- To a quiche pan add the baked vegetables and garlic and leek
- Whisk 6 of the eggs together and combine with the ricotta and rocket pesto and add salt and pepper to season
- Pour the egg and ricotta over the vegetables to cover. If there does not seem to be a good coverage, whisk the extra 1 or 2 eggs and add them also
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the egg has set
- Remove from the oven and top with fetta pieces
- Serve with a rocket salad or desired side dish
This is a Meatless Monday recipe linked to Veggie Mama. Follow the link for more Meatless Monday inspiration.
Do you get excited by fresh produce and have a burning desire to create a memorable meal with it? Or it it just me???
You may also like:
Join me here: