Bring a little sweetness and warmth to your family’s Winter dinner table with these easy Lemon and Pistachio Dumplings.
This month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop (SABH) is themed “Sweet Surprise” and hosted by Love Swah.
This recipe has a little:
- of my garden – the lemons
- of my childhood – the dumplings warm and soft for a dessert on a Winter cold night
- of my children’s favorite ingredient – maple syrup
- surprise inside – some pistachios grown in my home town that my mum brought with her on her last visit
The recipe is very easy, it is just made up of two stages. I made the sugared lemon to use for something else but decided to add them the dumplings instead. I originally tried out this process of softening the lemons last year for my Citrus Pie Recipe (another SABH entry). They are perfect to add to any dessert, as a topping for ice cream or an addition to baked goods. Fresh lemons are falling off my tree so we are eating them any old-how (and I am not complaining!).
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 20 grams Butter
- 1 cup self raising flour sifted
- 1 egg - whisked
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons chopped natural pistachios
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of the syrup from the sugared lemons
- sliced sugared lemons
- cream or ice cream
- Slice lemons very thinly and lay in a shallow bowl
- Add the sugar and stir to coat the lemon slices.
- Cover and place in a cool location to sit, at least overnight
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Rub the butter and flour together
- Add the egg, maple syrup and water and mix into a dough
- Form small individual round balls with the dough - about 10 dumplings
- Made a dent with your thumb in each (see image) and push in a few pistachio pieces. Repeat for each dumpling
- Place the dumplings into a casserole dish and add the ingredients for the sauce
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove from the oven, top with slices of sugared lemon and serve with cream or ice cream if desired.
- Spoon the sauce from the dish over the dumplings
- Add a few slices of the sugared lemon and served with cream or ice cream
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
You may also like:
Join me here: