Lamb, Spinach and Pistachio Kebabs with Minted Yoghurt
This is a Fresh and Fast Friday Recipe. It can be made in less than 30 minutes. A quick meal at the end of a busy day.
I have been taking my boys to the library over the previous few months. While we are there I usually grab a collection of either cooking or gardening books. On the days my brain refuses to work I flick through these books for cooking inspiration. A Turkish cook book got me thinking about combining lamb and pistachio nuts, and I am pleased it did. What a great combination!
- Makes: 6 large and 6 small kebabs (depending on the size you roll and mould)
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of kebabs
- 500 grams minced lamb
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 35 grams (approximately) fresh spinach leaves chopped
- pistachio nuts – 85 grams
- salt and pepper to season
Yogurt Mint Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of yoghurt
- handful of fresh mint leaves – finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove – finely chopped
- squeeze of lemon juice
- To a food processor add the kebab ingredients and process (in batches if required) until the mix resembles sausage meat mince
- With wet hands scoop out a handful and mould the mix into a sausage shape and push onto a kebab
- Cook in a hot pan for 10 to 15 minutes, turning as each side is golden
- To make the Yoghurt Mint Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine
- Serve with a salad or vegetables
Do you run out of ideas for using mince? It is one of the things I always have on hand as it is so versatile. I keep a supply of beef, lamb, pork and chicken on hand – but have been using less chicken lately.
If you have a recipe that is Fresh and Fast (made in less than 30 minutes) link it below for the inspiration of all the busy people out there who need a quick, healthy dinner idea.
You may also like:
Join me here: