Welcome to A Fresh Legacy-A leaf from my garden blog
- Would you like to grow your own fresh vegetables & herbs?
- Do you have a vegetable garden but are unsure of how to use, or take advantage of your lovely fresh produce?
- Are you unsure of what to cook for friends or family coming for dinner?
- Do you have memories of foods and flavors from your childhood that you would like to re-create?
- Would you like to reduce your grocery bill, and/or the number of times you visit the grocery store each week?
I can help you!
Follow me in the kitchen and in my garden for ideas on fresh, seasonal cooking.
Subscribe to my free Fresh Updates and see what I am growing and cooking with the produce.
I have some exciting regular features that will commence soon, including:
“I made this!”
I will assist a reader who does not have a large vegetable patch to create a Fresh version of a favorite food they usually buy pre-packaged.
I will write about the vegetables and herbs that are planted in my garden, how to care for them, & harvest delicious crops of fresh food.
Cooking with food from my garden – such as sauces, james, pickles
Recipes babies and children
Follow my “projects”, and I hope that you will get involved. Read about my first project here.
My next project is researching whether chooks would be a good addition to our family.
Do you have a food you recall from your childhood that you crave, or wish that you could make now?
Mine is home-made tomato sauce. When my tomatoes are in season, sauce making will be at the top of my To-Do list.
Write and tell me yours.
I found this 1919 Half Penny in My Patch this afternoon when I was watering and weeding it. I am taking it to be my good luck charm from now on for this blog. The patches are newly built so it must have been buried in the soil we moved to fill the beds. On my mind are traditions old and new.
You may also like:
Join me here: