I am not sure why I have not published this recipe previously as it is constantly on our menu. It sits with Spaghetti Bolognese, Tuna Bake and home made Pizza as a meal guaranteed to please my children. It is very simple to make and is also a wonderful entertaining staple of entertaining food that is guaranteed to disappear off the plate fast! Finger food at it’s best. This recipe is also handy to make for a picnic, or make extras for school lunch boxes as they are just as good cold as they are hot.
I have a feeling that I did not publish it as I am not sure where the recipe came from. I think it is one my mum uses. I am unsure of the origin of the original recipe if this is the case. I have tweaked it over the years and this is the resulting version I usually make.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcester sauce
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 500 grams chicken thighs, wings or drumsticks (or a mix of all of them)
- Mix the marinate ingredients together in a bowl and add the chicken pieces
- Move the chicken pieces around to coat well
- Leave to marinate for 3 hours, or overnight if possible. The longer the chicken marinates the better the flavor
- After the chicken has been marinated bake it in an oven set to 170 degrees for approximately 25 minutes
Three hours of marinating time is not included in the timing summary of this recipe.
If the weather is cool you may need to warm the honey to allow it to be well combined with the other marinate ingredients.
Cook time will vary depending on the cut of chicken that you choose.
Test for readiness by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of the meat. Remove the skewer and if the juice runs clear the chicken is cooked.
Add these sticky little chicken morsels to your menu this Christmas and beyond.
What are your “go-to” meals that you serve to your children and use for entertaining?
You may also like:
Join me here: