Cinnamon-spiced macadamia granola
After a long 12 weeks I have finally settled on a breakfast that I can eat on the SIBO diet that tastes great and I am happy to eat almost daily. It has taken a few tweaks and versions to get this one sorted. I do apologise if you are waiting for some regular recipes to show up here again, they will do soon.
A while ago my friend Jodie shared her gorgeous granola recipe with me. I loved it but needed to come up with a grain-free version. I have seen some Paleo versions at the shops but none I could eat. They all have dried fruit or a grain of some sort. I couldn’t imagine eating cereal that is almost entirely nut-based. This breakfast is satisfying and filling. I have been enjoying it with almond milk.
You could add berries, a banana or other fruit is you would like to do so, or other nuts that you enjoy.
This recipe is best made as a batch in advance and stored in an airtight jar or container. This means you have it on hand for a quick start to the day.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon pecans
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- shaving of fresh nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup puffed quinoa
- Add all of the ingredients except the quinoa to a wide based pan and heat, stirring often to coat all of the nuts with the coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat on a high heat, stirring for a few minutes until fragrant
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool
- Add the puffed quinoa and stir through
- Store in an air tight jar to use as needed.
This cereal also makes a good afternoon snack
Have you tried a nut-based breakfast cereal that is entirely grain-free? This one is the one to try.
You may also like:
Join me here: