Mamacino’s Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
I met Kristin earlier this year at a local fellow foodies gathering. I have been following her blog, Mamacino, for some time. I love her beautiful photography and I enjoy Kristin’s writing style, her posts either make me nod in agreement when I am reading them or laugh out loud as she graciously navigates the challenges of motherhood.
Kristin lives by the beach with her husband and three gorgeous children. She is passionate about cooking healthy and wholesome foods for her family, getting into yoga as much as possible and squeezing every bit of happiness out of life.
Is there a taste that screams Summer more than a sun warmed strawberry bursting with flavour? My kids love them, which is obvious looking at the bare strawberry plants in our garden. Not many make it into my kitchen, but luckily we can buy them, delicious and organic from our local Farmers Market.
This decadent Summer Crumble is gluten free and can also easily be made refined sugar free and dairy free. It is healthy, full of flavour and it’s wonderful ruby red colours make it a beautiful dish. I am planning on making it for breakfast on Christmas morning!
For the filling:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rhubarb, cut into 1 cm slices
- 3 cups of strawberries, washed and hulled and cut in half
- zest and juice from half a lemon
- a drizzle of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
For the crumble:
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 50 grams butter
- 1/2 cup of flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar (optional)
- Set oven to heat to 170 degrees
- To prepare the filling, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and transfer to an oven proof pie dish and set aside
- To prepare the crumble, add almonds to a food processor and pulse to chop them, but leaving then still quite textured.
- Add the almond meal, coconut butter to the processor and pulse to combine
- Carefully pour the crumble mixture over the filling in the pie dish ad sprinkle with the flaked almonds and coconut sugar (optional)
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden and bubbling
- Serve with cream or natural yoghurt or a dairy free topping such as coconut yoghurt or cashew cream.
Grab a cup of tea during the next few weeks and spend some time exploring her delightful site and lovely wholesome recipes. You will find many more gluten free recipes on there:
I suggest you get started with:
Grain Free Banana Maple Muffins
Thank you Kristin for visiting and sharing your delightful Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble recipe with A Fresh Legacy
Images are copyright Mamacino, and used here with permission.
You may also like:
Join me here: