Gluten free chocolate biscuits, what is not to love? These little nutty bites are full of coconut, chocolate goodness. They are dairy free, refined sugar free, super easy and quick to throw together. Put the jug onto boil and these gluten free biscuits will be ready to have with your “cuppa” not long after. A perfectly acceptable 3 pm snack.
My fussy (eater) little 4 year old loved these biscuits as much as his big brother so they most certainly have the family friendly tick of approval. My four year can be very difficult to please. He does not like to eat nuts in any food, he finds them and spits them out but he loved these biscuits!! Some times there is no way to predict what your fussy eater will or will not eat. My approach is to continue to get him to try new things and to keep presenting those things that he does like in different ways. At some point most things will become acceptable. You can find my approach to feeding fussy eaters here.
Featuring the new chocolate coconut spread, Coco2from my blog sponsor Pureharvest, this is my recipe for gluten, dairy and refined sugar free biscuits. A little bit nutty, a little bit of chocolate, a little bit of coconut and virtually no sugar. The Coco2 range of spreads are all GMO free and contain no artificial colors, flavors or additives so I am more than happy to add it to the kids snacks and baked items for school. These little biscuits are the perfect afternoon “pick me up”. I hope that you enjoy them.
- Set the oven to heat to 160 degrees Celsius
- Add the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and add to a board or the bench, sprinkled with quinoa flakes
- Roll into a log and then slice into even sized pieces
- Flatten each piece with a fork
- Place each piece onto a baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 8 min
- Allow to cool and serve
- Store in an airtight container and eat within four days.
Have you discovered Coco2 yet? I would love to hear what you are making with it if you have.
You may also like:
Join me here: