Chocolate Coated Frozen Banana
One of the Things I Know is that many of people are unaware of the joy of a frozen banana, I plan to rectify that and add to the joy by putting chocolate into the equation and shouting it out loud – frozen banana and chocolate are a match made in heaven.
The other thing I know is that Mum is always right – Hi Mum 😉
When I was growing up my mum would peel a banana and quarter oranges, wrap them in al. foil and put them in the freezer. My brother and I would eat them like an ice block on a hot summer day. They were popular for an after school snack. We ate them without the chocolate sauce. Read on because I also recommend this treat as an after dinner delight for entertaining. They are yummy, by adding the chocolate sauce it makes them a little bit decadent – and they look interesting.
Bananas : Prepare the day before
- Peel as many bananas as you have guests – do not leave the skin on or you will never get it off.
- Cut it if you want to so that the shape is consistent on all them
- Insert an icy pole stick into the base of the banana
- Wrap the bananas in Al foil tightly and place into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight
I have used the recipe from my Double Chocolate Semifreddo with Banana, Pecan and Chocolate Sauce
- 100grams of good quality cooking chocolate chopped – I used Lindt “Dessert” cooking chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 150 ml of pouring cream
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Combine the water, sugar, cream and vanilla and stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves
- Stir in the chocolate until it melts
- Put in a pouring jug to serve warm
- Unwrap the bananas from the foil and place on a plate or hand to guests.
- Dip into the warm chocolate sauce to eat
What is a childhood treat you remember enjoying? Have you made it for your own family or friends as an adult? Have you signed out for my Free Fresh Updates yet? My next update is coming out very soon.
You may also like:
Join me here: