Fresh Vegetable Soup with Lemon and Paprika
The flavor of good quality sweet paprika combined with lemon and fresh garden vegetables it is a match made in heaven. This recipe was an experiment that evolved and disappeared off the table very quickly! I was playing around with flavor ideas for soup to see if I could come up with something interesting and lovely for the La Zuppa – What’s Your Flavor competition. Click HERE to vote for my entry.
This soup was was finished in one sitting, the taste test turned into a meal.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil of your choice
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- zest of one lemon finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons of good quality sweet paprika
- 600 grams of potatoes – chopped into small cubes
- 300 grams of capsicum – chopped into small pieces
- 200 grams of carrot – chopped into small pieces
- 1 litre of vegetable stock (or chicken stock if preferred)
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano leaves and a sprig of fresh parsley – chopped
- crusty bread to serve
- marinated fetta to serve (approximately 50 grams)
- Put the oil into a soup pot to heat over low heat and add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes stirring
- Add the lemon zest and paprika to the pot, stir to combine for 1 minute and remove from heat to avoid burning
- Add the vegetables to the pot and stir to coat in the garlic, paprika and zest
- Add the stock and return to medium heat
- Add the oregano and parsley
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes
- Serve with crusty bread spread with marinated fetta
Hints and Tips:
- When cooking the garlic, paprika and zest ensure the heat is not too high
- I prefer a smooth soup so I blend the soup with a stick blender prior to serving
- This soup can be frozen
What is your favorite flavor of soup? Have you created a winning combination that is a hit at your place? If so head over to La Zuppa to enter What’s Your Flavor.
If you have a minute I would love you to support this recipe as my entry to win the $200 weekly prize with an aim to compete for a trip to cooking school in Italy – yes please!! Click HERE to vote for my entry.
La Zuppa make a range of soup’s that contain no artificial additives. They are also gluten free and diary free. La Zuppa sent me some soup to try. We really enjoyed it and since Mr Fresh ate all of the soup I made, he is having La Zuppa for lunch this week.
You may also like:
Join me here: