Easy Entertaining – two easy lemon tarts and a give-away
The weather is starting to warm up, to me that means more entertaining. I love to entertain at home – it is easier for me to have friends visit and then I can maintain my children’s normal routine.
Here are two quick, easy recipes to whip up for entertaining. They were prompted by:
- A bag of lemons I received from my neighbour
- An email from Lindt announcing their 4 new flavours and a block of each in the mail:
- Passion Fruit Intense
- Strawberry Intense
- A Touch of Sea Salt
- Coconut Intense
I rarely purchase chocolate as a (Lindt) block has been known to disappear in a single evening at our place! You might notice that two of the flavours are missing in the photo above 🙂
The best way to describe these new flavours really is captured by the word “Intense”. When combined with the zing of lemon curd the tarts are a flavor sensation. I usually prefer plain chocolate but the real fruit bits, coupled with the characteristic deeply smooth and addictive Lindt flavor was a hit here.
I decided to use the chocolate to test some recipes. I subscribe to the theory that – the better quality ingredients, the better the results and flavor. I proved myself right (wouldn’t you know it!!) Many recipes call for “good quality chocolate”. How does this differ from “cooking chocolate”? In a few words – it tastes better…
Easy Lemon Tart Recipes:
Makes: 12 tarts
(Easy) Short Crust Lemon Curd Tart Recipe:
- 1 quantity of lemon curd*
- 2 sheets of ready made shortcrust pastry
- Lindt Strawberry Intense chocolate to shave on top of the tarts
- 2 fresh strawberries sliced for the top of the tarts
*The lemon curd recipe I used was Stephanie Alexander’s from The Cooks Companion. If you want to speed up the recipe even more you can purchase lemon curd from a gourmet deli or grocer.
- Set the oven to warm to 160 degrees
- Use the top of a glass, or a small dish, to cut the pastry to the desired size to fit inside greased metal muffin pans
- Add the pans to the oven to cook for approximately 15 minutes until golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan, remove when cool and place on a plate to serve
- Spoon the lemon curd into the shell and top with grated Lindt Strawberry Intense and some sliced strawberries
- Store in the fridge if there are left overs – this is highly unlikely…
(Easy) Lemon Curd Chocolate Tart:
- Makes: approximately 18 depending on the size of the muffin moulds used
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- Setting Time: 1 hour +
- 1 quantity of lemon curd (as per recipe 1)
- 100 grams almond meal
- 60 grams butter
- 100 grams of Lindt Touch of Salt Chocolate
- Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl that can sit over a saucepan containing a small amount of water. The base of the bowl should not touch the water
- Set the saucepan of water to simmer and stir until the chocolate melts then remove from the heat immediately
- Stir in the almond meal and then spoon the mixture into the silicone muffin pans – filling 1/3 of the way up
- Put the muffin moulds into the fridge to set for a minimum of 1 hour
- Once the chocolate has set remove it from the fridge and top with the lemon curd
- Store left overs in the fridge
So there you have it, two very easy recipes for entertaining.
There is an array of drool-worthy chocolate recipes on the Lindt website. They are categorised for cooks of any skill level from “Just Starting to “Chocolate Connaisseurs” there is also a section for Seasonal Treats (The Christmas Ice Cream Sandwich looks gorgeous!)
Giveaway: This Giveaway has now closed for entries.
The winner will be announced on Friday 05/10/12. Thanks to everyone who entered it is not going to be easy to select a winner! There is a fabulous selection of mouthwatering entries.
The lovely people at Lindt are offering 16 blocks of Lindt chocolate for your pure pleasure and enjoyment. Yes – 16 blocks to one lucky winner.
- Entry is open to anyone residing in Australia
- Entries commence 26/09/12 and ends on 01/10/12 at 5pm
- The winner will be notified via email and announced on the blog on 05/10/12
- The chocolate will be sent direct to the winner from Lindt. The chocolate flavor selection will be at the discretion of Lindt.
- Estimated value is $60.00
Leave a comment below telling me what you will make from (at least some) of the chocolate.
The three ideas that make my mouth water the most will be passed onto Lindt to determine the lucky winner.
* Please note:
- Lindt is responsible for prize fulfillment. The product offered for the giveaway is free of charge, no purchase is necessary. Facebook and Twitter are in no way associated with this giveaway.
- I received aone of each of the new Lindt blocks of chocolate. I was not paid to write this post, the opinions stated are my own. I thought you would like to take the rest of the chocolate on offer off my hands.
If you have not already subscribed to my free Fresh Newsletter please do to stay up to date with upcoming activities and fresh news.
You may also like:
Join me here: