Fresh veg, pantry staples, one pot, easy!
This meal is one of those that suits a day when you are unprepared and disorganized, or just plain busy, or tired! I have been working on trying to create a chicken bake recipe worthy of sharing for a little. This is the outcome of the numerous attempts.We tried it a few times and each time there were no left overs and all of my boys ate it silently and happily. A family friendly meal that is destined to be added to my children’s favourites list – along with spaghetti bolognese, pizza, home made baked beans, and sushi.
The ingredients get thrown into the dish together, stirred to combine and then baked. It uses ingredients that I always have available in the pantry. If you are a regular visitor you will know that I like to add as many vegetables as possible for my two little boys.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 4 chicken thigh fillets – approximately 500 grams
- 4 cloves of garlic -whole, skin removed
- 400 gram tin butter beans
- 400 gram tin of tomatoes (no flavouring)
- 1 carrot- chopped
- 1 capsicum – chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon olive salt (or plain salt)
- 1 small piece preserved lemon – finely chopped
- fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 170 degrees
- Add all of the ingredients to a casserole dish(with a lid) and stir to combine
- Place casserole dish, with lid on, into the oven to cook for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve with fresh parsley, pearl cous cous and either salad or vegetables
You may also like:
Join me here: