Small children make for a magical time over the Christmas period, if not all the time!
Three years ago we had our first Christmas with Punky who is now almost 4 years old. Punky wowed us and gave us an unforgettable first Christmas by walking on the day. He had been working his way toward this during the month and then seemed to decide that this would be the day. It is something I will never forget. I was so proud and elated to see my little boy tottering towards me. It still makes me smile to think about it.
This year we are fortunate enough to have Cuddles (just turned 11 months old) celebrating his first Christmas. I am sure this year will bring more Magical Christmas Memories. This year Punky is very excited about the approach of Christmas Day and is planning the goodies he will leave out for Santa and his reindeer when they stop by.
Of course we all know that Santa is partial to the odd cookie so we have been practicing our cookie baking this week. Punky will also trek off with wrapped cookies to child care next Wednesday for his lovely carer Miss Belinda.
This is our cookie recipe, intended to add some Christmas magic into the morning tea of the recipient.
Cinnamon, Orange Butter Cookie Recipe
Makes: approx 26 cookies – depending on the shape and size you choose.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Add 15 minutes if you have a helper
Cook time: 10-15minutes
- 125 grams of butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons juice of an orange
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Set the oven to 160 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar – mix
- Add the egg and whisk hard until well combined
- Sift the flours into the mix and stir to combine
- Add the OJ and the ground cinnamon
- Dust a mat or board with flour. tip the dough onto the board and work it for only a short period of time until it is smooth
- Roll the dough out until it is about 1 cm thick
- Cut out the desired shapes and put onto a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven, until a slight golden tinge appears
- Cool on a tray
If you have enjoyed reading this post please subscribe to my free Fresh Updates. I will be sending my first newsletter next week and subscribers will have the opportunity to gain free access to a new product I have been working on. It is making my life easier in the garden and I am sure it could do the same for you. Subscribe to find out more… Have a great weekend!
You may also like:
Join me here: