This year I had planned to make a little video to say Happy Christmas to you, from my family to yours. It is in progress, part way through, waiting to be edited….I have been stressed about it for weeks.
The first video we made earlier this year took many, many hours to finish (it is in the sidebar – to the right). I expected that the next one would be quicker to make. With the many other activities that are going on at this time of year I decided to remove the pressure and keep it simple. Really all that I wanted to do was to pass on a very simple message to you:
Merry Christmas! Thank you for reading, commenting, and being involved and interested in what we do in our garden and kitchen.
I love this space. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to use it to express some creativity, share my passion for fresh home grown food and create some recipes that you may try and enjoy with your family.
This year I have much to be grateful for.
Grateful does not seem to be a strong enough word, I have been ridiculously lucky :
- My children are healthy and happy
- Mr Fresh continues to tolerate me typing away on the computer in the evenings
- I won a trip of a lifetime to Italy, including cooking school on the Amalfi Coast
- Many wonderful people that I have met this year have inspired me, taught me new skills and shared their knowledge.
- One of my recipes was published in Wesley Missions Food For Families Cookbook, aiding families in need
- Our garden is full of plants that we will be able to harvest over the coming months
- My cooking and photography skills continue to improve
- I have had the opportunity to work with some fabulous brands
In the past I have experienced years that I have been very pleased to see end. A new year is generally full of promise, hope and anticipation of what is to come. I have to admit that I would prefer to hang onto this year!
I am not sure how 2014 will be able to out-do this one. But who knows right? You never know….
I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and an outstanding New Year. Please be safe and careful if you are travelling over this period.
I am taking a little break from being online to spend time with my family but I have set up a number of treats for you while I am reading a book and playing with my boys. I hope that you enjoy them. I look forward to seeing what 2014 delivers and hope to see you here again then.
Merry Christmas. x
You may also like:
Join me here: