Fast Chicken, Haloumi Veg Skewers
Do you need a recipe for a tasty, healthy dinner on the table in under 30 minutes? This is it. A new Fresh and Fast Friday recipe.
I made these for dinner last night and while Punky (4 years old) was eating them he said to me “Mum, I am going to call you chef because you are such a good cooker”. Melt my heart! What a gorgeous thing to say. I am thrilled that he enjoys his food as much as I enjoy cooking it for him.
I have listed the vegetables we like to eat. You can use what ever you and your family enjoys.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Sauce to baste (or use as a marinate if extra time is available):
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder
- 2 small chicken breast fillets cut into cubes (about 2cm square)
- 1 capsicum – I used 1/2 a green capsicum and 1/2 a yellow one – cut into squares
- 12 mushrooms – halved if desired
- 1 punnet of tomatoes
- 50 grams of haloumi cheese – cut into cubes about 2 cm square
- 1/3 zucchini peeled and sliced 1 cm thick
- 1 sweet potato peeled and sliced
- 1 potato peeled and sliced
- To make the sauce for basting (or to use as a marinate) mix all ingredients
- Turn on the oven to 2oo degrees and use the grill fan-forced option (if available – if not use Grill)
- Put the sliced potato and sweet potatoes onto a plate and cook them in the microwave on high for 3 minutes
- Thread the chicken, vegetables and haloumi in a random order onto skewers until all ingredients are used and baste the chicken with the sauce
- Put the skewers onto a tray and then into the oven for 10 minutes to cook
- After 10 minutes turn the skewers and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Put the sliced potatoes and sweet potatoes into a sandwich press and cook for 5-8 minutes until browned – or cook in a pan if desired. I am loving using my sandwich press for cooking slices of vegetables as no oil is required and it cook time is quick.
If you would like more Fresh and Fast Friday recipe ideas please visit at least one of the linked recipes below by clicking on the link. We love visitors and sharing ideas 🙂
If you have a Fresh and Fast Recipe to add I would love you to join in:
- Add a recipe that can be made in 30 minutes or less
- Take my button and add it to your post
- Visit at least one of the other links
Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope that you have a great weekend.
Do you make skewers? What is your family’s favourite combination?
You may also like:
Join me here: