Honey Glazed Oregano Chick Peas
Here is a quick Sunday update for your snacking pleasure. This recipe is a healthy snack made using pantry staples. A little bowl of goodness that will satisfy guests when served with drinks as an appetiser.
These honey coated chick peas will also add some jazz to a salad. They combine well with pumpkin, rocket and feta.
Cook in the oven until the chick peas start to caramelize. Stir twice during the cooking process to ensure that the chick peas are well coated and that honey does not cause them to burn in one spot.
The herbaceous charm of Oregano balances the sweetness of the honey and works well with the nutty flavor of the chick peas.
This recipe has joined my Baked Beetroot Chips on our Sunday snack menu. I hope that you add it to yours also.
- 1 425 gram tin of chick peas - rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small garlic clove - chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano leaves
- Set the oven to heat to 170 degrees
- Add the chick peas to a baking dish with the chopped garlic
- Combine the honey,oil and oregano and drizzle over the chick peas then stir to coat
- Bake for 20 minutes and then stir
- Continue to bake for another 20 minutes and stir again once in that time
Enjoy! Happy Sunday.
Do you have a favorite afternoon snack? I would love to hear what it is in the comments below.
You may also like:
Join me here: