Christmas – Salmon, Salsa and a giveaway
- 1 capsicum – finely chopped into small cubes. I used a mix of capsicum colours (eg: a quarter of each colour)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes – cut into quarters
- 1/2 avocado – chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup cucumber – chopped into small cubes
- salt to season
- extra virgin olive oil – I used lime infused
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 red chilli – finely chopped (optional)
- handful of fresh basil, mint and coriander leaves
- 1/2 clove of fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup of cucumber – chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of plain natural yoghurt
- juice 1/2 lime
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- Approximately 500 grams of fresh salmon
- salt to season
- squeeze of lime juice
- To make the salsa add the ingredients to a bowl and toss gently to combine. Set aside for the flavours to infuse (Note: if using chilli and your children are not fans – add it separately when serving the adults)
- To make the yoghurt sauce, add the garlic, cucumber and salt to a mortar and pestle and pound until well combined but still a chunky texture. You could also do this in a blender but only pulse gently to retain texture
- Add the yoghurt, lime and mint to the garlic and cucumber and add to a serving bowl. Set the yoghurt mix aside.
- To prepare the salmon cut into 6 thick strips of uniform size) and push a skewer through each strip
- Season with salt and a squeeze of lime juice
- Heat the barbeque and add the salmon to the hot oiled plate when smoking hot
- Cook all four sides of the salmon for 1-2 minutes – until browned, remove and sit to rest for a few minutes while serving remaining items
- Serve the salmon lightly drizzles with the yoghurt and with the salsa as the side dish
- Baked Vegetable and Salmon Slice
- Smoked Salmon Noodle Salad
- Quick Smoked Salmon and Vegetable Noodles
Disclosure: Tassal provided me with some grocery money to make this recipe, and have offered the following items to one lucky reader I select based on the answer to the question below:
- $30 Coles voucher to buy yourself some Tassal Salmon
- Wild Water and Woodsmoke Cookbook
- 1 small cutting/salmon serving board
- 2 seasoned salt rubs from the Tassal shop
To enter, tell me in the comments below:
If you win the prize how will you use/cook the salmon for your Christmas festivities?
- Entry is open from Monday 10th December and closes on Thursday 13th December at 5PM AEST
- Entry is open to Australian residents only and one entry per person.
- The winner will be selected by me, based on the answer I like the most, provided in the comments below.
- The winner will be notified via email on Thursday 14th December.
- Note: A mailing address (for the prize) must be provided by the winner by 9pm Friday 14th December to secure the prize.
- The prize will be sent to the winner from a representative of Tassal Salmon
Hint: If you need some assistance, you can find information about the Tassal range here. I was recently informed that the fresh salmon in the Coles deli is from Tassal. This means that you can purchase either fresh or smoked product with your gift card if you win.
You may also like:
Join me here: